Monday, January 4, 2010

Wicked Queen

*** If you click on the picture you will see a much bigger*** The wicked queen is almost ready.... I will be working on the hands and feet after all the marionettes are dressed and strung.For her costume , I choose to make a simple black dress -yet elegant.
Today we also rang up all the backdrops behind the theatre to see how they look. The one behind the queen is her own chamber . I still have to add some canvas and paint to make it larger but that will have to wait.
I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now because I need to get the children practicing soon and when I look at the unfinished marionettes it makes me feel rush and I don't like that. Although this is our family theatre, and I do this so my children can enjoy and learn art , I still like to do the best of me. I am working on the dwarfs right now... today , for the past 8 hours I have sew 7 pants and now my daughters are helping me with the details.Next week I will post the Prince... he is a gem!*grin*

6 comments:

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Dear Patricia,

I love your marionette...it's very special.
Your blog is realy amazing!

Sweet greetings,
Marijke

Marcie Hart - A Work Of Hart said...

Hi Patricia, I love this marionette! So mystical and creative. Always loved the artistry and magic behind them. Wonderful job!! ;-)

Jain Squires said...

She has a fabulous face Patricia. Perfect for a wicked queen. Jain xx

Woolytales Miniatures said...

Dear Ladies ~~ Thank you , thank you!!!! I am having a lot of fun with Snow white characters..... My children are also enjoying it very much and we are ready to start practicing very soon! Thank you so much for visiting us and leaving us a note....It makes all of us very happy!smiles~

julie campbell said...

She looks wonderful Patricia !
Such a fabulous face and I love her costume.
I cant wait now to see the prince :0)
julie xxx

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Patricia, wow what amazing talent you have, in so many areas! Beautiful miniatures, animals, paintings, and your puppets are precious! You and your children are beautiful also and I so look forward to seeing Snow White in its entirity when you are all ready! Your workroom is simply stunning lucky lucky you, so much space and light. You look like you enjoy a wonderful happy life. Happy New Year to you and your family, Kate xx